Sunday, July 02, 2006

Love Bugs Itch Like Hell, I've Got Some Repelent If You're Interested.

So ja, I'm sick of societies loosness with words. I can let shit like 'ghetto' slip past usually, because it's actually evolved to mean other things. But do you want to know what it really means? I'll tell you, ghetto:

Noun
Inflected forms: pl.ghet·tos or ghet·toes 1. A section of a city occupied by a minority group who live there especially because of social, economic, or legal pressure. 2. An often walled quarter in a European city to which Jews were restricted beginning in the Middle Ages. 3. Something that resembles the restriction or isolation of a city ghetto: "trapped in ethnic or pink-collar managerial job ghettoes" (Diane Weathers).
Etymology
Italian, afterGhetto, island near Venice where Jews were made to live in the 16th century.


Not so cool to live there anymore, is it? Not exactly 'hip' and 'gangsta' if you were jewish 70ish years ago.(Think I did my math right) But what am I doing? I said that I could let stuff like that one slip. The word I'm here to rant about, is 'love'. I can't f-ing stand what stupid little chicken shits have turned it into. Going around saying, "Oh, I love John," when they infact, do not love John, they just have a crush on him. Or saying, "I love you," just to get laid, or make someone happy. I mean, the gits are asking each other out, and confessing their 'love' after a day and break up by the end of a week or two. Take one hundred high school aged people who have been in their current relationship for a week, and probably about 75% of them will be telling the other they love them, at least the females will. That's another thing, females are surpose to crave love, but look what the average female has butched it to mean!? Uhg! Most of them don't even know what love really is. And I'm sorry, but a dictionary deffinition won't help too much here. Love is when you know that you would do anything for a person. You would die for a person, you would give up everything for a person, you would gain anything for a person. Hell, the person could go off to Florida, mention that you should go with them, and you start making plans to make it happen, long term. When you're in love with someone, you don't fall out of love with them, it's impossible. You can stop liking them, but the love is always there and can always be rekindled, god I hate bloody cliches. If the person you love got mad at you, hurt you, and didn't talk to you for 10 years, then one day, 10 years later, shows up at your doorstep, no matter what you're going through or feeling, you'll still love them, you might feel hate for the person, momentarilly, but you'll still love them, you'll still do anything for them, maybe not imediatly, but once you get over your anger for them you will. No one realises just how powerful love actually is, sure, that gets said all the time but no one actually beleives it or pays any bloody attention. Love can actually do anything, though so can many other emotions, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying, "Zomg eveyone hug right now! It'll stop alll the shit with the middle east!" I'm not an idiot, I know that the presedent going over there and saying, "Aw, look, I'm real sorry 'bout everything that's happened between us, but it's because I love yah, can we just make up?" will do shit, besides freak a bunch of people out. o.O' But still, if you read this, please don't miss use words like 'ghetto', 'pimp', 'whore', 'love', 'hate', and all that jazz, it's bloody annoying and makes me want to smash your face in, and fill your body with water beetles, and toss you out of an airplane over the artic ocean, with a note attacked in a bottle that's tied to you that warns people not to miss use words.

Oh yes, this also goes for other laungages too. Like with japenese, people often use the word 'baka' and stick it around everywhere in their little sentences, sprinkling it over their freshly roasted speech like it's Mrs. Dash. Yarr, silly peasents.

Ha! Another thing! People are totally unoriginal with insults! All you hear is 'whore', 'slut' and other affiliates of the word. You see, I at least mix it up a bit, I call people soiled harlots (c). You'd be surprised, well, if you're reading my blog you might not be, at the number of people that don't know what the word soiled or harlot means. And for anyone that dosn't that happens to skim through this,
soiled:

Verb
Inflected forms: soiled, soil·ing, soils
Verb
tr. 1. To make dirty, particularly on the surface. 2. To disgrace; tarnish: a reputation soiled by scandal. 3. To corrupt; defile. 4. To dirty with excrement.

harlot:

Noun
A woman prostitute.

So ja, I'm done ranting for now, I fell better.

Recomended Comic/Site:
http://www.last.fm/

2 Comments:

Blogger Oni said...

... The dark ages were a little more than 70 years ago, Fritzi dear.

But yeah... The over- and misuse of many words bug me too. "Kawaii" is used WAY too often... But, in the true grammar-police fashion, the misuse of the words "good" and "well" bug me most often.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Le Weegee said...

*claps* Bravo, Fritzi. I like that you ranted about this. Passionate enough to rant about it... ^_^ *pats you on the head* Good job.

Yeah, and I also agree. =) People are silly with their throwin' around "love". -_-

Okeys, again, nice job. =) If I could favorite blog posts like I can with deviations on deviantART, this'd be so favorited. =P

Cheers,

Bradley

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home