Saturday, June 24, 2006

I Dreamed About You Last Night

So ja, it seems that with every memory lost, a new one is recovered.

Though I don't know how he's doing because I never ran into him this year, I remembered something about a guy, Billy, that I sat behind in eigth grade math. Often times during class when I had finished my work or when I was waiting for something to happen, I would read, often times I would read manga. I always got in trouble for it too. >.>*

Our teacher, Mr. Roiser, was a good guy, but seemed to get mad at our class a little bit too easy compared to his other ones, and often got bad at me for loosing my temper and stabbing someone's binder with a ballpoint pen, I lost the best pens that way...hmmm. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Roiser was an awsome guy and a good teacher, not the best for me, but he taught really well. I actually kind of hope I get him as a teacher in the future since he teaches at my high school now.

Billy would sometimes watch me read and sometimes ask a question about the book, especially if it was manga. He wasn't exactly the kind of person who liked anime and manga either, or a person that would assosiate with somelike me, one of those "weird-creepy-gothic-violent-biting-stabbing-squeaking-will-pull-a-knife-on-you-columbine" kids, he must have been pretty curious, or just a good guy. But he actually talked to me like I was a person, something only some of my friends would do, so I gained respect for him, and he still has it actually. Often times we would carry out conversations all throughout math, we would help each other on things we didn't understand, some of his friends would talk to me too. I might even go as far to say that we became friends.

I walked into class one day, not a bad one or a good one, just an average day. I had my huge binder o' crap I never used because it was for all my classes and I never cleaned it out, I also had my usual stack of books that I read through-out the day. I came in, said hello to two or three people that sat around me, including Billy, and they said hi to me in one way or another; a grunt, movement, or actual responce sometimes. I sat down and read. Mr. Roiser almost always started the class 12 or 20 minutes(yes 12) into the 50 minute class period, so we could check last night's homework, though god knows why because he collected it and checked it himself anyway, and almost never finished more than 5 minutes before the bell rang to release us to our next period. About 10 minutes into the the class and Mr. Roiser hadn't started teaching yet, I'd checked my homework and was reading, when all of the sudden Billy turns around and slams his hand on my desk. Not very surprised, as I came to expect strange behaviour from others, I look up from my book to see him staring me the eyes with a strange expression. "You were in my dream last night!" He told me, almost proudly.

Needless to say, I was quiet shocked by his exclamation, ".....mer?...."

"Yeah," he went on, "I had a dream about you!"

"Um...can you elaborate, maybe?"

"Oh, yeah. Well, we were sitting in class and you gave me one of those backward book things..."

"A manga?" I suggested.

"Yeah, one of those. But you gave me one and you taught me how to read it and I got, like, really obsessed with them! And I, like, always had one with me, and, like, read them all the time. It was really cool!"

"....sounds like a blast Billy...." And I continued reading.



Recomended Webcomic:
http://www.misfile.com/?page=493

5 Comments:

Blogger Le Weegee said...

That was an interesting story, Fritz. ^_^ I enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Bradley

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! Billy! Jonathan and I were just talking about him and how I should talk to his brother about motorcycles or something. And how he thought their dog was a chicken and tried to eat it XD Hah, the adventures of inebriated males. :P

8:34 AM  
Blogger Markon V said...

Would this be Billy Thorne? We used to be in a band together.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Fritzi said...

no, not billy thorne, a different billy, ive been in contact with billy thorne, lol, he's one of my friends

10:33 PM  
Blogger Oni said...

Mr. Rosier?

He trasferred to Westlake this past year, apparently. I had him for Comp Sci.

He was okay. He didn't do a whole lot of teaching, but he was okay.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home